Dental implants are one of the most effective and comfortable solutions for replacement of missing teeth. These are metal posts that are made of titanium which are placed into your jawbone through surgery. The implants serve as replacement roots for the missing tooth. Having dental implants will not require you to prepare any adjacent teeth for the procedure;all we will need to ensure is that you have healthy gums that can receive the implant and if there’s enough bone structure to support it.
What is involved in getting an implant?
Before pushing for a dental implant to address a missing tooth problem, your dentist will have to check your case and come up with a treatment plan specific to your need. In your first session, we will place the implant in your jawbone. It will take some time, normally a couple of months before the implant completely integrates with your jawbone. After the integration process, an abutment will be placed, which will serve as the connector between the implant and the artificial tooth.
What are the benefits of getting dental implants?
- Dental implants can improve your appearance because they look like your natural teeth. They also function like a natural tooth so your speech and functions of chewing and eating will not be affected. And because they are integrated in your jawbone, implants become a permanent part of you.
- You will not have to worry about them slipping out of your mouth when you eat and talk compared to when you use dentures.
- Dental implants make it easier for you to eat because they do not get loose unlike dentures. There are also no food restrictions when you choose implants because it will feel like you are just using your natural teeth.
- Dental implants can boost your self-confidence and self-esteem because you will not have to deal with a missing tooth for a long time.
- Having dental implants also help you maintain good oral health because the adjacent teeth will still be left intact, they don’t have to be affected when you get the implant attached to your jawbones.
- Dental implants are durable andare known to last for several years especially when you provide proper care for your oral health
- Dental implants are more convenient compared to dentures because you do not have to remove them for brushing and cleaning and before you sleep at night.
For more information on dental implants, call Buchanan Dental Arts at (914) 737-6300 .